for scheduling for a pregnancy test and pre-ultrasound consultation with the Pregnancy Resource Center.
At your first appointment
You will meet with a client advocate who will confirm your pregnancy test result and, if eligible, schedule you for ultrasound. Same day ultrasound is often available based on certain medical criteria. You can review the ultrasound criteria at the bottom of this page. At your visit, your client advocate can provide you with medically accurate information as requested on all pregnancy options, including adoption, abortion, and parenting. They can also connect you with supportive resources and can answer many of your questions about your pregnancy and your options.
If you are looking to parent or interested in adoption
We are here to support you on your journey throughout the pregnancy and through the first three years of your child’s life. We will share more about our programming and free resources with you at your appointment.
If you are considering an abortion procedure or the abortion pill
Please understand that the Pregnancy Resource Center does not offer, provide or refer for abortion services. We do, however, provide several services that are important for your safety. Getting an ultrasound prior to abortion is vital for your health and is required by the state of Ohio. Ultrasound is the only sure way to confirm your pregnancy, to see if the pregnancy is developing as expected, and to ensure that the growing embryo is inside the uterus and not elsewhere (ectopic).
- An ectopic pregnancy is a life-threatening condition that always requires urgent medical care. Taking the abortion pill in the setting of an ectopic pregnancy could put your health at risk.
- Additionally, the abortion pill is only approved for use during the first 10 weeks of pregnancy.
For these reasons, we strongly encourage you to receive an ultrasound prior to any abortion procedures, including the abortion pill. It’s best to get all the information you need for your safety first. We offer ultrasound to you for free.
Please know that we are here to care for YOU.
We want to be a source of hope and healing to you, regardless of what decision you make about your pregnancy. Our services are completely free, confidential, and non-judgmental. If you have any questions or concerns about your appointment or the services you receive, please reach out to us at 740-592-4700 or email our Director of Client Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to serving you.
- Must be at least 6 weeks past the date of the last menstrual period. You can calculate how far along you are here: https://americanpregnancy.org/resources/pregnancy-calculator/
- No active bleeding, cramping, or pelvic pain
- No IUD in place or prior history of ectopic pregnancy
- If you have active cramping, pelvic pain or bleeding, please seek care at the emergency room.
- If you have an IUD in place and a positive pregnancy test, please call your OB/Gyn immediately or seek urgent care. There is a high chance of an ectopic pregnancy and you should seek evaluation by OB/Gyn or urgent care as soon as possible.